The position of Reinsurance Actuary involves the acquisition, servicing and active cultivation of relationships with our clients and includes a broad range of tasks, including:
- Actuarial analysis and assessment of life insurance portfolios for the purposes of risk management, planning and quotation
- Drawing up reinsurance treaties
- Evaluating life insurance products in relation to best risk management practices
- Supporting product development
- Presentations and training measures for clients
- Marketing activities, including giving presentations at conferences and writing articles
- Participation in international projects
Responsibilities continue to grow and evolve throughout one's career at Gen Re. Our employees enjoy flexibility, a quality work environment, comprehensive benefits and a competitive compensation structure. We are continually committed to strengthening our employees’ professional skills, industry knowledge and personal growth.
- Excellent university degree in mathematics or actuarial science. However for the right person a different background may also be taken into consideration.
- Willingness to commence actuarial qualification; candidates who have already started writing actuarial exams will have an advantage.
- Strong interest in the economic interrelations of insurance and reinsurance
- Prior work experience or internship in insurance or reinsurance would be advantageous
- Interest in working in an international environment
- Very good familiarity with MS Office, especially Excel, and ideally in data analysis tools
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Capacity to work effectively in a team environment
- High degree of energy and creativity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent English, additional languages, ideally Polish, would be advantageous
We offer you an attractive salary package in accordance with your qualifications and experience. We are obliged by law to state that the minimum annual gross salary for this position based on the collective agreement of the Austrian insurance industry is EUR 38,740 for 38.5 hours.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application documents together with details of your salary expectation and your earliest possible starting date.
Ellen Sistermann, Human Resources
+49 (0)221 9738 547.
General Reinsurance AG
1010 Vienna (Austria)
6 days ago